From NOAA Environmental Data Management Wiki
This page provides information about standards and standards processes that are being utilized by NOAA:
- The Data Management and Integration Team Standards Working Group provides information about the "fast track" standards proposed in the GEO-IDE Implementation Plan as well as the GEO-IDE Standards White Paper.
- NOAA is a Principal Member of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). To help coordinate NOAA's inputs to the OGC process a NOAA OGC Interest Group has been established and is being led by Jason Marshall. Please contact Jason (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to be added to the mailing list for this group.
- NASA's Standards Process Group (SPG) has a well established process that NASA uses for evaluating standards in the Earth science domain. The SPG website provides a list of the standards that have been reviewed. Also of potential interest to NOAA data managers are the various technical notes and lessons learned documents that are posted on this site.
- The purpose of the GEOSS Standards and Interoperability Forum (SIF) is to provide advice, expertise and impartial guidance on issues relating to standards and interoperability for GEOSS. The goal of the SIF is to enable ever greater degrees of interoperability among GEOSS components through facilitation, technical analysis, advocacy and education.
- The National Environmental Information Exchange Network, a partnership between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, State Environmental Agencies, and Tribes for exchanging environmental management information has information about their approved standards.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Standards"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.