Dr. Jeff de La Beaujardière is the NOAA Data Management Architect and Chair of the Environmental Data Management Committee (EDMC). Jeff hopes to ensure that all NOAA environmental data are discoverable, accessible, well documented, and preserved for future users.
Jeff is also NOAA's primary representative to the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and the International Committee for Information Technology Standards - Geographic Information Systems (INCITS/L1).
- NOAA: Senior System Architect for US Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS) (2008-2011).
- NASA Goddard Space Flight Center: Computer Scientist for Geospatial Interoperability Office (GIO), Scientific Visualization Studio (SVS), Digital Earth, GLOBE Program, and Public Use of Remote Sensing Data program (1994-2007).
- Observatoire de Paris-Meudon: Postdoctoral fellow, solar physics group. (1993-1994).
- University of Hawaii Institute for Astronomy: Postdoctoral fellow, solar physics group. (1990-1993).
- PhD Astrophysics 1990, University of Colorado at Boulder.
- BA Physics 1985, University of California at Berkeley.